The Environment Agency urges businesses to conserve water supplies13/04/2012
The Environment Agency urges businesses to conserve water supplies
The Environment Agency is encouraging all businesses to carry out a workplace water audit to establish where water savings can be made.
They have also issued water saving tips for business:
- Consider investing in rain harvesting and waste water recycling
- Ensuring taps are turned off. If you spot a leaking tap, tell building maintenance staff
- Have your windows cleaned less often
- Clean fleet cars less often. Just keep headlights, mirrors and windows clean for safety reasons
- Ask your water company to help identify where you can save water
Latest Environment Agency figures show that being water efficient could save businesses in retail and hospitality up to 50 per cent on their water bills. In some manufacturing industries, water bills could be costing over one per cent of business turnover – so carrying out a water audit, and identifying areas of waste, could make a significant difference to the bottom line.
Edited from: E-gov monitor